Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Paul Daniels preps for D.C. trip

As I wait for some return phone calls and for the House to finish discussing the state's deficit behind closed doors, I've tried to check in with some people who are heading to Washington, D.C., for the Inauguration.

I managed to reach Paul Daniels, a Meriden resident, who said he has spent tons of hours trying to arrange the details of his trip. Paul and his wife are going, and they will be staying with friends in Baltimore.

Despite the hassle, Paul was excited about his train tickets to Baltimore. The tickets have Barack Obama's picture on them, and people will be allowed to keep the tickets after they are punched for the ride, he said.

He also was pleased to get an invite to a gathering being hosted by U.S. Rep. Chris Murphy. Murphy's party will be Monday, he said.

Daniels noted that while he has tickets to the Inauguration, he will not be able to watch the parade. Spots along the parade route fill up before ticket holders get there, he was told.

I will be checking in with Paul and other people going to DC for Obama's big day next week, and I will be blogging about their experiences. Keep reading!

1 comment:

Michele said...

I think it's great that so many people from all over the country are coming to Washington DC to witness the swearing in of our new President. I was born and raised in the DC area and now work in DC and I don't remember this hype for any other President. Good for Paul and Anna Daniels. Just goes to show that Obama has what is needed to rally and bring us all together.