Thursday, January 22, 2009

Critique the new president

Sitting at the Capitol today, I've been listening to CNN in the background. Apparently, President Obama is creating some change already.

What do you think of some of his initial moves? Can he keep the momentum he had during campaign season going while in office?

America has high expectations for their new president. Will the pressure be too much, or will he rise to the occassion?

P.S. Here's a special thank you to those who checked in from Washington, D.C. this week. They certainly decorated this blog with great pictures, and I enjoyed hearing their stories.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taking 60,000 of 160,000 troops out of Iraq, and moving 20,000 to Afghanistan is not "I will get us out of Iraq".

Jack said...

So far it looks like business as usual.

1. The new Secretary of the Treasury cheated on his taxes.

2. Closing GITMO with no plan as to what to with the detainees.

3. Implements an Executive Order one day that states:
3. Revolving Door Ban Lobbyists Entering Government. If I was a registered lobbyist within the 2 years before the date of my appointment, in addition to abiding by the limitations of paragraph 2, I will not for a period of 2 years after the date of my appointment:

(a) participate in any particular matter on which I lobbied within the 2 years before the date of my appointment;

(b) participate in the specific issue area in which that particular matter falls; or

(c) seek or accept employment with any executive agency that I lobbied within the 2 years before the date of my appointment.

Then the next day nominates a guy who used to lobby for Raytheon to the position of Assistant Secretary of Defense. No way you can tell me this guy never lobbied the Dept. Of Defense.

The only change I see here is the name. He is a lier just like the rest of the politicians. Can't trust any of them.

Anonymous said...

Since when does anyone trust politicians?