Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Talk of a stimulus plan continues

To Political Potpourri readers: I'm sorry it's been a while since my last entry. I was on vacation.

But I'm back now, and I want to know what you think should be included in a second economic stimulus package.

Gov. Rell and several of the nation's governors met with president-elect Obama Tuesday and an economic stimulus package was at the heart of the discussion. Many, including Rell, want to see a stimulus package that channels federal money to public infrastructure projects.

Should this happen? Would it work to revive the economy? What Connecticut projects should get the funding, and who will make those decisions?

It appears to be a decent plan -- one that will benefit the 50 states, but I'm still left with many questions.

And on a personal note, I would not mind seeing another stimulus plan that requires the federal government to send me a check. It's tough times for all, and I'm willing to bet most people would not mind the extra cash. I'll take it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I question these economic stimulus packages and bailouts because, in my opinion, I think the tax payer will ultimately foot all the bills. All the experts seem to have different solutions to the economic problems. Whatever solution is adopted, I hope that income and business taxes are cut. In this way, people and businesses will have more money in their pockets to do with what they like---unless, of course, Obama will decide how to "spread the wealth" of others hard-earned money.

Anonymous said...

Taxpayer always pays,the Stimulus plan is nothing but a ploy to keep the Public off guard.Did the people have a say in this give-away? NO,we have to follow Obama's change plan,THROW them all out.

Anonymous said...

I wonder what happened to the Roman empire 2000 years ago? They wanted something for nothing, too! Everyone else pays except me. I just take!

Anonymous said...

Well, who else would be paying for it, but us, the taxpayer! You just don't get something for nothing, except in Rome 2,000 years in the past. By the way, I wonder what happened to them !