Monday, December 29, 2008

Are you planning to go to D.C.?

Today, I'm beginning to work on an inauguration story, and I'm looking for people who are heading to Washington, D.C., in January for the festivities. I hope to talk to people from Meriden, Wallingford, Cheshire and Southington who were lucky enough to get tickets from their local U.S. congressman or U.S. senator. I also want to talk to those who will be checking out the ceremony from the National Mall.

Once I find people going to D.C. for inauguration events and write an initial story, I hope to incorporate people's thoughts, experiences and reactions to the inauguration into my blog, particularly on Jan. 20 -- Inauguration Day. Submitted pictures would also be a great addition to Political Potpourri.

It is worth noting, that each U.S. congressman is distributing 198 free tickets to the inauguration. U.S. senators get to give out 393 tickets. That may seem like a lot, but offices are getting thousands of requests.

Anyway, if you are going to the inauguration, or if you know someone who is, please contact me. I want to tell my newspaper and blog readers about the inauguration, but to do so, I need your help!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Amanda, I'll be on the National Mall for the Inauguration. Let me know how I can help with your story. Thanks, and I enjoy your writing.
Charles Kaplan, Meriden