Thursday, October 16, 2008

Listen to Rell about breast cancer

As the week winds down, I've been very busy writing about the 5th District congressional race between U.S. Rep. Chris Murphy and state Sen. David Cappiello. As a result, I don't have much time to write a great political blog.

I did, however, want to write something to keep this blog as active as possible, and so I decided to mention a press release I received today from the governor's office.

Gov. Rell wants to remind everyone that tomorrow, Oct. 17, is National Mammography Day, and she is promoting the importance of breast cancer screening and early detection, especially for those over 40.

Rell is a breast cancer survivor, and I think, on this issue, women should listen to her.

As a side note, her press release said that Connecticut had the third highest rate of new cases of breast cancer in the United States between 2000-2004. I did not know this.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Ra ra ra.

Monkey

-Andrew